Sunday, October 09, 2005

My music, Incorporated

In response to this ad, which leads to their site, I had to say something.



Dear "my music incorporated",

You advertise that your site has 99 billion songs. Do you realize how preposterous that is?
___________________________

You can't prove a negative

___________________________

[Sounds familiar, as if someone is arguing for the existence of god, who has about the same chances of being shown to exist as 99 billion songs.]

Nice logical fallacy. No, I can't prove a negative. But what's worse, you can't prove you have 99 billion songs, because you don't.

Just wanted to let you know how ridiculous it is to claim you have 99 billion songs. Which is very.
____________________________


Not really.... How many new bands are created Daily?

___________________________

Is this your way of proving you have 99 billion songs? Asking me how many new bands are created daily? Seriously?

Once again, you don't have anything even approaching 99 billion songs. Admit it.

_____________________________

we really do...

____________________________

Then send me a list, if you have that many songs. How much space do all those 99 billion songs take up on your servers?

You don't have 99 billion songs. It's impossible.

___________________________________

We cannot guarantee the content, quality or types of music available for downloading, however there are millions upon millions of songs available for unlimited download, so we are confident you will find the music you are looking for. We have yet to hear from any of our members that they have been unable to find the music they were looking for!

Heya, what's up,

Have you completed the registration process yet? Click on the link below to complete it and start downloading free music!

http://my-free-music.info/click.php?APID=313&affID=0000377


For memberhsip options click on the link below, enter your login information and click 'continue' and you will see a list of membership options and prices. Enjoy your membership!


FOR TODAY ONLY....Use the link below and you can still get the $200 bonus software for free, as well as the 30 day trial! It's a 30 day money back trial perios. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money if requested within 30 days of purchase.

http://my-free-music.info/click.php?APID=313&affID=0000377


This is a one-time membership fee...you will not be charged again. There are no downloading fees, no per song fees, no burning fees, and no hidden charges...just the small one-time membership fee.

http://my-free-music.info/click.php?APID=313&affID=0000377


After you register you will be provided with access to the member area of our websit where you be able to start downloading your favorite music and movies.


Please let us know if you have any further question. Enjoy your membership!

Sincerely,

Rich
My Music, Inc.

_____________________________________

Hi Rich, you can probably tell that I've been dealing with some hosebag on the second shift in these emails, who staunchly defends that your site has 99 billion songs. He's obviously a devoted employee, probably with a bright future as white house press secretary. But between us, for someone to actually come out and defend a number like 99 billion is pretty crazy. When I need an obscure song, believe me, I'll try your service, but my point is that you just don't have the 99 billion songs you claim to have, because that's totally impossible.

I'm still waiting for some indication that you have all those 99 billion songs, which is a remarkable achievement. I thought you'd be proud to strut your stuff with that many songs.

Or to put it another way: 99 billion songs. I'm hearing it but I sure ain't seeing it; don't sing it, bring it. Where's the 99 billion?

And thanks for the reminder. I'll register when the need arises.

Thanks,
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home