Friday, October 28, 2005

dear muslim website

I was having some pizza tonight with some Muslim friends at the place where we work, and as I took a bite of delicious pepperoni, I realized that they weren't allowed to eat it and decided to keep how excellent it was to myself. It made me think.

If I converted to Islam, I would have to give up pepperoni because it's made of pork and Muslims aren't allowed to eat pork. I understand that there are rules associated with religions and I just want to conform to them and not cause trouble.

But what if I converted to Islam while I was eating the pizza? If I was eating pepperoni when I converted, would I have to switch to cheese immediately or could I have another slice of pepperoni? Would it be better if I just wait until after dinner to convert to Islam? If my mouth is full of pork, or there's still a pork taste in my mouth, do I have to make myself throw up? If I don't, does that mean I go to hell?! If it turns out that I will have to go to hell if I screw up, I am definitely NOT going to convert to Islam! As it is now I don't have to go to hell AND I get to eat whatever I want.

Also, since you will obviously have an interesting opinion on the matter, I was wondering if you would explain: if one hungry person had Islam, and one hungry person had a pig to eat, how is it that the Muslim guy would be better off than the guy with the pig?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Dale Shipley

---------------------------------------

DearDale Shipley
Thank you for writing to us.
We invite you to read the attachment.

Best Regards.

Islam Q&A
www.islam-qa.com

[The attached is a fifty-five page .PDF, a beginner's guide to Islam. I can't link to it any way I know of, and no one in his right mind would voluntarily undertake to decrypt fifty five pages of esoteric dogma, no matter what religion it was, so I will just link to the only image in the document. Here is that link.]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck you. how are you about to talk to her like that on her birthday.

10:26 PM  
Blogger dale said...

does this mean we can't go get ice cream?

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home